Tuesday, February 8, 2011

KJV or NIV? ~ (Extra Credit)

"Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite"... Huh?? That’s the first thing I thought when I read this verse. Talk about being confused, the more I tried to switch form a Spanish Bible to an English one the more I became to see how hard it was to understand the English interpretation of it. I attend a Spanish church, but on the Fridays its English service so I decided to buy myself an English bible I came across 2 but deciding lead me to a research. Will it be KJV (King James Version) or NIV (New International Version)? I once thought that the only difference between both of them was that one (the NIV) was a newer version of the original KJV. But I was extremely wrong, as I did my research I began to see the many defects that the NIV version had There are literally 40 whole verses deleted, and 300 verses that have been changed leading to 6 thousand changes in this version alone. I was completely shock to hear this although NIV provides readers an easier way to read the bible, it has shown to bring false doctrine. I would recommend some to purchase the New King James Version to help those who find the original version too hard to read. As the last chapter of the Bible says in Revelation 22 verse 18 and 19…. well just look at it for yourself and you’ll see!!!

1 comment:

  1. I also attend a spanish church and i know how difficult it is to listen to a preacher who speakes in english. I grew up in a spanish church so never really understood the englsh version of the bible. But know that whatever language we decide to read it is all the same. We all serve and worship the same God. Revalation is a hard chapter to read for it's telling us the end of times, will not only lift up his people, but also set free all evil.

    ReplyDelete